Monday, April 30, 2012

Creating/Using Podcasts in Education



Wikimedia Commons
Since my group was called the Reading Brigade everything we did had to do with literacy in some way. So, when it came to creating a Podcast I, initially, thought that we could read a book and discuss it on the Podcast. That obviously wouldn’t have been all that interesting so my group members and I decided that we would try to get in touch with authors and see if anyone would be willing to Skype with us so that we could transfer it over to a Podcast and share it with our classmates. I emailed Nathaniel P. Jensen and he emailed be back the next day saying that he would be happy to Skype with me and my group. We were thrilled! Also, Jenna’s aunt is an author so she agreed to help us as well. The world that we are in is so fascinating! With a few clicks we were talking to people that I never thought that I’d have the opportunity to speak to.

It was such a simple task to create the Podcast and be able to share it with our classmates. This is something that any teacher can do to make lessons more interesting.

Scholastic has many Podcasts of books and also tips on how to use them in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment