Monday, April 30, 2012

Creating your Group PBL Lesson

It was hard in the beginning to think of something that we could do for PBL. We researched many websites to look at other people’s ideas. After some discussion we realized that we all thought that most classrooms and playgrounds weren’t very accessible to the handicapped students. It was disappointing to me because these students already have many problems to deal with on a daily basis and then they go to school and they can’t do the activities that other students are doing and when they have problems getting around to where they need to be how can they focus on their learning?

Take a look at our ideas that we started off with as we were brainstorming what it is that we could do for our PBL lesson.

This was my version of a boundless playground.
At the end we ended up teaching a lesson to our classmates about how they could create a boundless playground using Google Sketchup.

The other groups all had creative ideas as well. I used Glogster and PicMonkey which were both extremly fun and a lot easier to do then Sketchup! There are many tools that can be used with PBLs. I don't know if I would have ever come across all of the tools that my classmates introduced me to on my own so I'm very grateful to have had such a creative bunch of people in my classroom. They have taught me so much that will help me tremendously.  

No comments:

Post a Comment