Saturday, November 5, 2011

After finding out that I had to start gaming I was terrified. What games was I going to play? Is there anything out there that will interest me? Aren’t most games for boys? All these thoughts were running thorough my mind as I started researching for games online. I had to play for at least an hour and I just didn’t know how it is that I could find anything that could occupy me for that long!

I had always found the hospital “life” fascinating so I thought that it might be interesting to play a game about a hospital. http://www.hospital-games.net is the first site I visited and I began by playing Day Care Nurse. I had to find beds for babies that were coming into the hospital and care for them while they were there. I played it for a few minutes until it became boring and then had to find something more thrilling. Medical Rush is the game that got my attention and I played it for hours! The goal was to rebuild the hospital’s reputation that was struggling. Patients kept coming in one after another and I had to take them to the correct doctor and get back to the desk to greet more patients. They kept coming quick and the goal was to make sure that they all had smiles on their faces when they walked out of the hospital. At times it got hectic and I got to experience a little of what a nurse has to go through on a daily basis.

The game requires very careful attention to the patients within the hospital and what their needs are. One playing the game would have to train their eyes to be very observant and all over the page to catch whatever is going on. As each patient was helped, they paid the hospital and the nurses had the money to spend as they pleased. It could teach students the value of money and how hard it is to earn it and how easy it is to spend it on things that really aren’t needed. At times some of the doctors had patients waiting so one playing the game would have to catch on to that and make the decision of investing money on making the doctor’s equipment more efficient so that he/she could have patients in and out of the office.

I would recommend this game to any young student thinking about a career in medicine. It was very fun and educational to me. I am pretty sure that I will be spending a lot of time playing this game just to see how much money I can make by treating more and more patients.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if this would be preliminary to becoming a nurse but it sounds like a good game.

    Z

    ReplyDelete