Monday, April 19, 2010

Old School, New School




Out of my 13 years in school this year was the first where I began seeing technology used in the classroom by the students rather than the teacher. It was always that the teacher demonstrated everything and the students just watched. The few times when technology was used was when we were doing research and writing papers. Did that teach me anything? No, it didn’t! I observed a classroom last semester and I was so impressed with what the teacher was doing. She started every morning by using the promethean board and having a few students come up. They knew what they were to do and they taught their classmates. I believe it was so good not only because they were learning how to use technology, but also building their self-esteem. It was an opportunity to show what they knew and for those that were shy, they got a chance to express themselves.

To read more on the changes made within the years click here.


Image from http://torrence2009.files.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment